Hey, I’m Bianca Welds
Does any of this sound familiar? You find yourself thinking about how you can make more of a difference in the world around you. Maybe you’ve been wondering what impact you can make in the world. And you have ideas and passions but no clue how to pull them together into something meaningful.
You want to be happy and successful, but your life keeps getting in the way. You’ve tried following the advice of your parents, your friends, your coworkers, but you haven’t found your way yet.
Because you’re not just looking to make a living. You want to truly live a meaningful life:
- Doing something you love
- Doing something the world needs
- Doing something you can make money at
- Doing more with your life and your passions
You really want a life that fulfils you, one where you are the best you possible. And that you is creating an impact and changing the world.
Well, I’m right there with you.
So what’s stopping us?
There’s so much advice floating around yet I’m still struggling. All I want is to figure out what works for me so I can have a life I truly love, being my best self. Sounds about right?
That’s where I am right now. I know what it feels like to lose control of your life — to feel like you woke up one day looking at middle age realising you’re just floating along, with no idea how things got here. For years, I floated through life ignoring signs that something wasn’t right.
It’s been a rough road.
But let me take a step back. My name’s Bianca and I’m a fairly happy-go-lucky Jamaican who spends all her time in a bikini on the beach drinking rum and eating jerk pork. Sounds great, right? Well, the name and nationality are true.
The rest is part of the dream. Lol!
After leaving high school, where I was a pretty good student, I began the typical journey of going to university because it was the expected thing.
- I went to college, first in Jamaica, then in the US (both times studying the thing that made sense rather than anything I was particularly excited about)
- I lived abroad a few times, often taking off on a whim following some new-found “passion”
- My career took a winding path as I would get bored in jobs once I stopped learning, and I happily took on things I knew little about for the challenge.
Throw in my tortured creative spirit (I’m passably competent at a few different art forms) and you get a scavenger hunt style “career” that defies definition. But I still wasn’t too worried. I had a positive attitude that said I liked my generalist background and didn’t need the validation that came with moving “up the ladder.”
If you want to learn more about my career and where that journey has taken me, feel free to check out my bio page.
Fast forward to now
But now I’m in my 40s and something needs to change. But magic doesn’t exist and wishful thinking won’t get me very far. I have to get a handle on my life so I am trying to:
- identify my passions and my purpose,
- design a life around my purpose,
- build a path towards my full potential,
- find ways to create an impact and change the world, and
- create a productive, passionate life I love
So what’s with the blog?
I used to blog fairly regularly, and writing is part of how my brain processes information. That means I’ll be sharing my journey, my progress and the things I learn as I go. You’ll see what works for me, what doesn’t and, hopefully, how you can do the same. I’m hoping my blog will help others like me change our thinking and understand how to live a more productive passionate life so that we can reach our full potential, create an impact and change the world.
P.S. If you want to know what I’m currently doing, you can always check my Now page.
Now it’s your turn
To ensure you don’t miss a thing, why not subscribe? It’s fast, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
It really is possible to change your thinking and find your way to a more purposeful life. It takes a shift in your mindset, exploration of your self and someone to support you and keep you accountable.
Let’s get started!
Some of my posts may contain affiliate links to products, apps, and services. If you click through and purchase, I will receive a small commission on the sale. I will only ever recommend products or services that I personally use or believe will be helpful to you.
Want to contact me?
- To get a peek into the randomness that is my brain, feel free to follow me on Twitter
- To connect with me professionally, you can find me on LinkedIn
- For enquiries about speaking, coaching, mentoring, please use my contact form.